End of Year! :)

Dear Kunyung Families! 🙂quotes-18he7ck[1]

Surely it hasn’t been a year since I started at Kunyung Primary School??

Well, actually, it has and I have to say….it has flown by at break neck speed!

Kunyung is the third school I have worked at and I have to say that it has quickly become my favourite! I have loved everything about it- the CHILDREN, PARENTS, STAFF, CURRICULUM and let’s not forget the BAY VIEW!!!!

Learning @ Kunyung………..

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”  
―     Benjamin Franklin

Kunyung Primary School is an ‘Inquiry Based’ School……………….we not only want to teach explicit skills (which we recognise are important and essential to learn) but we want to involve our students in the learning of them! We promote asking questions, understanding where you are in your learning journey, what you know and what you need to know! We want students to know where to find the information to answer their own questions, interpret this information and present it to an audience!

We are well on the way on this journey as I have witnessed so much authentic learning in my constant travels around the school and I have very rarely seen any student who wasn’t thoroughly engaged in their learning!

Through Assemblies we have recognised individual students’ and their achievements or efforts and highlighted so much of the wonderful student learning through class presentations!

Communicating this learning to parents has been a focus this year. Hosting parent morning teas, family picnics, open afternoons and parent information forums as well as implementing some digital initiatives (Newsletter, Blogs and Skoolbag App) has hopefully increased the home/school communication channels. 2014 will see us work harder to develop some of these new ideas….our aim is to keep you as up-to-date as possible with what’s happening at our school!

As well as the traditional Kunyung Events such as the Musical and many sporting events- we also entered our very first Aerobics Team in the State Schools Aerobics Competition! We also reintroduced Fun Fitness Friday which has seen us currently exiting Warnambool!

Kunyung is a happy, vibrant place to be……………….our students are divine and deserve the best learning environment we can possibly provide!

Thank you for allowing us to teach your children! Get on board for 2014 as it promises to be bigger and better!! 🙂

The Teaching and Admin Staff at KPS wish you and your families a wonderful, restful and safe Christmas and New Year’s break! Enjoy the time with your children and we look forward to seeing you all back Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed in 2014!!

untitledCheers

Kim Jackson XX